Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Rule #1 Rules!

A couple of weeks ago I finished Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week! by Phil Town. This book is awesome! In fact it is so good that I am reading it again and will publish more posts about the book in order to explain it in more detail.

Phil Town teaches you how to invest in quality companies for 50 cents on the dollar and at the very least make a 15% return on your money. He has successfully used his strategies to become a multi-millionaire. The best part of the book is that it is relatively simple once you understand the principles and strategies. What amazed me was how much I learned about what makes a business a solid investment!!

Anyway after reading Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week! I have begun to research a few business that I might want to invest in in the future. The first company that I am researching is Steve Madden, Ltd. It's ticker symbol is SHOO and it is currently trading at $19.52 per share. If I did my calculations right then it should be a good buy once it gets down to about $14.00 per share.

Anyway as I reread Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week! by Phil Town I'll explain a little more in detail about the book. I'm also going to create my own "watch list" of businesses that I think are solid investments as well as the price to buy those businesses (stocks)!

No comments: