Monday, November 26, 2007

The Tipping Point

If you want to read a fascinating book then read the The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell. I just finished it for the second time.

What is the Tipping Point?? "It is that magic moment when and idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. Just as a single sick person can start an epidemic of the flu, so too can a small but precisely targeted push cause a fashion trend, the popularity of a new product, or a drop in the crime rate."

If you like learning about the psychology of word of mouth marketing and selling then you'll love this book!! I highly recommend it!

1 comment:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

This post is totally I sign that I need to read this book. It's been recommended to me before and now I just need to read it.

I'll have to read it and we can discuss it. :)