Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Thaifoon

Friday night we went and ate Thai food at Thaifoon at Salt Lake's Gateway Mall. Here's the link http://www.thaifoon.com. Maybe I was just in a bad mood or maybe it was the screw that was in our rice but I was mildly disappointed with the food that night!

Here's the bad part! When they brought our rice out there was a metal screw in it. Apparently a screw had fallen out of their rice cooker and directly into our rice. Luckily it was on top of the rice and easily noticeable. I would have been ticked if I would have bitten into a metal screw (after just barely having a root canal) or worse if my pregnant wife would have swallowed it (she has enough trouble keeping her food down during this pregnancy)!! Anyway I easily spotted it and we got some new rice. No harm, no foul! Right?

We started off with their lettuce wraps. PF Chang's are better! At least the last time I ate there they were. My wife had the "Evil Princess Jungle Chicken Curry" which I thought was burnt. She thought that it was great but then again she was pretty hungry. I had the "honey walnut shrimp" dish which was awesome. I will forgive Thaifoon for the screw incident, however it might be a while before I go back because I still have that "burnt" taste in my mouth.

Anyway I would still recommend Thaifoon to everyone just because we've eaten there many times and this it the first small fiasco. Try the curry that I mentioned above. It's usually pretty tasty! The service there is relatively good and the manager did come over and apologize for the "screw incident" and didn't charge us for the lettuce wraps which is notable. Here's the bottom line! If you've never had Thai food you have to try it and Thaifoon is a great place to start!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Complainer??????????
If you need any help, remember I an a food connisuer!


CL

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I'll back up your recommendation. I like this resturaunt, the food is pretty good and I'm a huge fan of their soup. (I can't remember the name...it has a coconut milk base). Also I love the decor...it sets a cool ambiance.

That is horrible about the screw. Adam and I recently went to "Mi Ranchito" in Orem and had a similiar experience. There was a metal bottle cap in our water pitcher. The waitress said that the bottles are right by the pitchers and that it probably just fell/flew into our pitcher. How do these people miss these things! They could have a lawsuit on their hands!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Jay, have you been to Thai Chili Gardnes on 8th North in Orem or Thai Villiage in AF? Those are also great Thai resturaunts!