Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Rule #1

I started a new book this past week called Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week! . It's a book about investing in the stock market. The author is Phil Town who is a former River Guide who's made millions investing in stocks. He's a frequent guest on CNBC's "The Millionaire Inside". Oh by the way did I tell you that I'm a CNBC addict!

The actual "Rule #1" was set by the world's greatest investor, Warren Buffett. According to Buffett, "There are only two rules of investing: Rule #1: Don't lose money...and Rule #2: Don't forget Rule #1."

Phil Town's objective is to help you get at least a 15% return on your money and teach you how to do it yourself! I'm into it about 70 pages and so far it's been a great read!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I heard their was a rule # 3. When u finish the book u can teach me how to make 15%

Brenda said...

Loving that you have your own blog Jay. I must pressure Trevor...maybe I'll take your golf approach. You need to learn the rest of us block heads how to make money. Then we can all retire early and you boys can golf all day. With you all on the course, we'll be out shopping. It's a perfect plan.

Jen Carpenter said...

Jay,

Very impressive blog! Interesting and innovative! Keep it up!

Jen