Saturday, March 8, 2008

Dairy Keen - Home of the Train in Heber, Utah

If you are in the mood for a great hamburger in Heber, Utah then "hold on tight" because I have a great recommendation for you! Let me suggest The Home of the Train, also known as Dairy Keen in Heber, Utah. No that's not a typo! It is really called Dairy Keen. The building used to be a Dairy Queen Restaurant and when the new owners took over the building they renamed it Dairy Keen because it was cheaper and easier to just replace the "qu" with a "k". You can read the history of the Dairy Keen in Heber by visiting their website http://www.swissalpsinn.com/.

Dairy Keen is located on Main Street in Heber, Utah. Normally I don't blog about fast food but I have to because this place is unique. It's a great place to take your kids. To celebrate the history of the Heber Creeper (which is a train that used to deliver supplies to Heber City and sheep to Salt Lake but now is a tourist attraction) the owners have created a miniature replica of the Heber Creeper overhead inside the Dairy Keen. Thus the Dairy Keen in Heber is also referred to as the Home of the Train. My son, along with the other kids thought that the train was awesome!

Now to the Food!!! When you make it to the Dairy Keen try the Train Burger Combo. It's delicious. The Train Burger has on it a Juicy Hamburger, Ham, Melted Swiss and American Cheese, Special Sauce, Tomato, Lettuce and Pickles. The combo of course comes with fries and a soft drink. My son and I also ordered a large Raspberry Shake to share. It was awesome! We had a group of eight people and we all loved the food at the Dairy Keen in Heber.

So if you're passing through Heber and you want a great Hamburger or Shake then stop by the Dairy Keen. Their parking lot and the restaurant will be jam packed because people love the Dairy Keen's food but don't let that deter you. The service is fantastic and you won't have to wait long to get your food!

4 comments:

Adam said...

Good review, Jay. I loved the "hold on tight" line.

I really like Dairy Keen. I tend to be a big fan of out-of-the-way burger joints.

One further suggestion: While you're in Heber stop off at Granny's to experience one of the best shakes you will ever have. Granny's is the best, but it needs the Heber atmosphere to really work. They tried to bring it to Provo, but it failed miserably. You need that drive through the canyon to pique your senses.

Jen Carpenter said...

Okay, so first off, don't stop at Granny's! The shakes suck, they whole joint is dirty, and it has gone way down hill!

2nd- THE TRAIN! I am in love with that place! The not only have the best train burger, fabulous fries with season salt and yes, FRY SAUCES, but their orange sherbet is DIVINE! Also, my favorite shake is the chocolate shake with marshmallow creme. Real marshmallow creme! It is heaven!I am a big fan of the "TRAIN", a must stop if you are ever in the Heber Valley!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I love this place! Gosh, it's been so long since I've been there that I've forgotten my favorite shake flavor...I think it's choc. chip with carmel.

I love this place and am craving this now! I like their classic cheeseburger and LOVE LOVE LOVE the fry sauce!

Wilkie said...

Not true about Granny's!!! New owners came in 2006 and completely cleaned up the place. Serving actual fresh ground chuck burgers! Incredible! The shakes are still thick and they are one of the only places open on Sundays!