Thursday, May 1, 2008

California Pizza Kitchen - Mango Tandoori Chicken Pizza


On Monday we went out to eat at the California Pizza Kitchen in Orem. The California Pizza Kitchen is a great place for the whole family! One of the deciding factors of us choosing The California Pizza Kitchen in Orem that night was that kids eat free Monday through Thursday as long as the accompanying adult orders an entree that is more than $10.

The first California Pizza Kitchen opened in 1985 in Beverly Hills, California by Rick Rosenfield of Chicago and Larry Flax. Rick and Larry wanted to capitalize on the growing popularity of a "California Style" of pizza (thin crust with non-conventional toppings). One of their first pizzas was The Original BBQ Chicken Pizza which is a huge phenomenon and delicious to say the least. California Pizza Kitchen is now in over 28 states and in over 13 different international locations. CPK has also partnered with Kraft to create their frozen pizzas which are sold in all 50 states. So in case you wanted to know a little history about CPK there you have it!


Lose 9 lbs. every 11 DAYS Click Here!


Now back to what I ordered on Monday night. I ordered the Mango Tandoori Chicken Pizza. The Mango Tandoori Chicken Pizza is made of Grilled Tandoori Chicken (kinda spicy), mango, mild onions, red peppers and Mozzarella cheese on a SPICY golden curry sauce. Topped with fresh cilantro and a sweet mango-chili sauce. I found that the Mango Tandoori Chicken Pizza was the perfect combination of sweet and spicy with a tangy kick to it! I thought it was delicious and give it five exclamation points!!!!!

Here are a couple of other Pizzas at California Pizza Kitchen that I highly recommend. First you have to try The Original Barbeque Chicken Pizza. It's awesome! Second and on the lighter side try the California Club Pizza. I'm definitely looking forward to my next outing to the California Pizza Kitchen.

If you have any pizza recommendations at CPK please let me know in the comment section!

Thanks

9 comments:

Adam said...

Jay, I've got all kinds of recommendations.

1. Jamaican Jerk Chicken
2. Thai Chicken
3. Sweet and Spicy Sausage
4. The Sicilian
5. Santa Fe Chicken

I love CPK. Seriously, it's my favorite place.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I LOVE their wheat crust with the BLT. It is more for lunch though. :)

I've been wondering about this mango pizza...I will try it now.

I am on a huge CPK Original BBQ Chicken Chop Salad run...i think I've gotten it the last like six times we've been there. So I think it's about time to get a pizza.

I love the Thai Pizza as well...and if you feel like splitting one for an appetizer or if you are getting a salad the pear and gorgonzola is a good one. :)

Jay said...

Adam,

Looks like I've got some eating to do to catch up with your experience at California Pizza Kitchen. Those sound like great recommendations!

luke & sammy said...

Okay so I am really surprised nobody has said it yet, but we love the Pear and Gorgonzola pizza. Becky mentioned the salad, but the pizza is wonderful. It comes with a little salad on top. I recommend it on wheat crust! For a frozen pizza the BBQ chicken pizza you buy in the frozen section at the grocery store is pretty tasty also!

Breeana said...

Jay, where do you find the time to research restaurants? Can you do my Home Teaching for me if you have enough spare time to find fun facts about Utah Valley food? By the way you can get paid to do stuff like this for the paper.

PS. Cafe Rio doesn't need friends like you. You're like a girl, one thing goes wrong and you throw a fit. Stick it out man. Nothing goes down like a pork burritto enchilda style with pinto beans and green sauce. You can ask for extra meat and they scoop you up some more.

Love, Shon

megship said...

I cannot help it, every time I read this blog I crack up at all the links you have on here, Jay! What is going on???? Anyway, we also are big fans of CPK! I am glad you have finally discovered it.

Jay said...

Shon,

Back in the late 90's I couldn't have agreed with you more about Cafe Rio's Pork Burrito "Enchilada Style" smothered with their sweet medium green sauce. It was like eating a burrito "candy bar" for lack of a better term! I was Cafe Rio's biggest fan. Heck, I even thought that I was eating healthy by getting their gigantic Cafe Rio Salad with pork.

However, times have changed. Cafe Rio has gone "soggy". I've switched to Bajio's for the time being and they already have one strike against them! I guess I'm just picky. Read my next post for an update on Bajio's.

Anonymous said...

Some Recommendations:

1. Chipotle Chicken
2. The Sicilian
3. Jamaican Jerk Chicken
4. Tostada - add lime chicken

Roasted garlic chicken is ok, but I'd try others first.

But my personal favorite is still the traditional pepperoni.

Unknown said...

Try the Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza, it is so, soooooooooooooooooooooo yummie!!!
Kathy and I had some recently (she highly recommended it, so I'm not surprised by Luke and Sammy's comment!) and I can't wait to have it again. I also love the BBQ Chicken pizza. Enjoy!