Monday, May 5, 2008

Bajio Mexican Grill's "Rice Chimichanga"??

A few weeks ago I was in line at Bajio Mexican Grill in American Fork and had just ordered my favorite entree, Bajio's Chicken Green Chile Stuffed Quesadilla when I noticed that the two people behind me ordered Bajio's Beef Chimichanga. As I watched them prepare the Beef Chimichangas I instantly wanted to change my order. Not wanting to upset the cooks I restrained myself and stuck with the Chicken Green Chile Stuffed Quesadilla. However, I swore to myself that the next time I entered Bajio's I would try their Beef Chimichanga.

Well fast forward three weeks and here I was again at Bajio's anxiously awaiting the opportunity to devour their Beef Chimichanga smothered in green sauce. I was stoked. As they prepared my Beef Chimichanga my heart sunk at the small amount of beef that was put in the tortilla. Just two seconds before my order I watched them load up two beef tacos with mounds of beef. I felt like I was getting royally cheated. However, they did load my Chimichanga up with enough rice to feed a small country! I thought "okay maybe this won't be so bad if they really load it up with a lot of green sauce!" Again I was sorely disappointed! Apparently "enchilada style" doesn't mean a whole lot at Bajio's. To add insult to injury the beef that was put on the Chimichanga was very, very dry!

So here I was with Bajio Mexican Grill's latest addition to their menu, Bajio's "Rice Chimichanga"! Next time I'll stick with Bajio's Chicken Green Chile Stuffed Quesadilla!

8 comments:

Summmack said...

We love their Mexican Pizza. No the healthies thing on the menu but rather tasty!

Ashley Eliza said...

I NEVER order anything BUT the quesidilla. Once ya find something good, don't let it go. :)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

yeah, that stinks. I'm sorry. I hate when things are dry. I love sauces. Maybe you could ask for extra meat...but then they'd probably charge you. You should write a comment card about it.

megship said...

This is exactly why I don't try new things. I play it safe and get the same thing every time.

Anonymous said...

I totally swore off Bajios after I got a salad there and they only gave me about 1/3 of a little cup of dressing. They wanted to charge me for more. . . !?! That didn't go over well with me.

Aunt Kathy

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

question...could you start tagging your posts by location too? I kind of want to get an idea of what is available in utah county, salt lake county or each city? and also maybe by type of food and price range. thanks :) just a thought. you don't have to...but i kind of thought it might be cool and help me make some choices faster and easier.

thanks!
-beck

Triz said...

Becky said you take suggestions.......

I'd suggest you try Fong's Chinese Cuisine in Draper. Get the walnut shrimp.

Also, you might give Joanna's in Draper a shot as well. Great breakfast food, country atmosphere, and small town sassy waitresses. And Mama Chu's in Provo by the mouth of the canyon.

Keep up the good work!

Ashley Eliza said...

jay you need to blog!!!