Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wendy's Tomato Shortage??

Today for lunch I thought that I'd go to Wendy's to get a 99 cent Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and a value fry (it had been a while since I had Wendy's). However, before I went to Wendy's I had to get my daily 32 oz. Coke from McDonald's. There is something special about McDonald's Coke!!
Anyway I opened my Jr. Bacon I noticed that there was no tomato! What was happening?? I was a little stifled! No tomato?? I figured that the cook just plain forgot the tomato so I went back to the drive thru to return my Jr. Bacon and get one with a tomato. As I pulled up to the microphone I noticed a typed sign that said "Due to an early freeze in Florida Wendy's was experiencing a shortage of tomatoes and that if you wanted a tomato you had to specifically ask them to include the tomato on your sandwich." Now I can understand not using tomatoes if there was an e coli or a salmonella outbreak. But a shortage in Florida? Can't Wendy's just go to the local Walmart and grab some tomatoes (by the way I noticed that the Walmart tomatoes were from Mexico). Needless to say I was highly dissappointed with Wendy's!

You know another thing that kind of ticked me off? The Wendy's that I went to only put one napkin in my bag. What is up with that? McDonald's always loads you up with napkins. Anyway I'm just warning everyone to make sure that ask up front for the people at Wendy's to put that tomato on your sandwich....and remember if you like great Coca Cola and lots of napkins make sure that you visit your local McDonald's!!!!

2 comments:

luke & sammy said...

Finally Jay . geez! Im glad I now know to ask for that tomato from Wendy's!! I would have been ticked off getting a burger without a tomato! Thanks for the info! Uncle Skip & Kathy

PS: Keep those great tips coming!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

Praise! Golf and Grub is back on!

That is seriously hilarious! I'm with you, you'd think they would have some sort of back-up vendor.